NEVER STAYED AT THIS HOTEL BECAUSE IT WAS FILTY.
FROM: Lemuel N King
2471 W Edgewater Way, #1050
Chandler, AZ 85248
TO: WoodSpring Suites Colton
2050 West Valley Road
Colton, CA, 92324
DATE: OCTOBER 19, 2020
I was emailed one of your surveys regarding my stay that I did not do; and there was no space for what was needed to be said on the survey. I would be embarrassed too, if I was an employee trying to put someone in that room.
My brother was dying and I just wanted to get to his house before he transitioned; (died)
We made reservations to stay at the WoodSpring Suites in Colton because my granddaughter had recommended it and stated it was new. I live in Arizona and travel quite a bit. I never change from the Hiltons but since she wanted us to be close to her, I agreed. I made our reservations in advance as usual and thought my wife and I would be able to check right in since we made advance reservations.
1. The person at the front desk stated that we would have to wait because it wasn’t clean.
2. That was find, we travel a lot so we understood. We left and came back 4 hours later to give them adequate time to clean.
3. I requested a non-smoking room and they promised it would be.
4. I returned a little after 4p.m to get the key and complete the transaction for the room, expecting to stay at least 3 days.
5. When we got to the room, we could spell the smoke before we entered the room. Once we got in the room it was unbearable. It was nauseating. My God, I wouldn’t allow my dog stay in that funky room. The odor was senseless and not necessary if they had cleaned it.
6. There were cigarette holes on the top dark, dirty green looking spread/blanket, cigarette holes in the chair, we were to sit in, along with the strong cigarette odor.
7. We didn’t open the suitcases or unpack anything, we turned around and went back to check out desk. We just couldn’t stay there and/or handle the spell. And I don’t think you would have been able to either.
8. The guy at the desk stated that we would still have to pay just for walking in the room. We didn’t care, at that time, we just needed to get out and go find another Hotel. We ended up imposing on my granddaughter and her family until the next morning.
9. The front office told us that they had to call the police to put a guy staying in the room before out because he wouldn’t leave. He had been there for longer than he should without paying. And that said it all; the spell, the cigarette gross smell, the color of the bedcovers, etc.
10. I could have cried because my husband was grieving for his brother, we made reservations in advance and nothing went right.
11. I will never refer any body and I mean anybody to that Hotel; and we have lots of family that live in that area.
I don’t think charging us $352.33 was fair for walking in the room and walking back out. Didn’t sit, didn’t pee, just almost threw up. Didn’t even turn back the cover because of the strong odor and color of the reused blanket.
I’m sorry but this was not sanitary and real people just don’t live like that.
You all need to check with the State of California, Hotel Compliance laws because this hotel is not in compliance.
Because of the preparation of my brother’s funeral services, I will be sending this complaint after the funeral to the proper state department branch. I will need to wait until we return to Arizona because all this is too much at one time.
If you settle this complaint with our refund, before we return back to Arizona, then it will be settled.
I am requesting the total fee that I was charged. I will wait before I send this complaint to the next step.
Lemuel N. King, Sr.